Respecting Other's Points Of View

I very much respect those who are outspoken about they're own point of view, what they see, what they've witnessed, what they've experienced and what they've learned. If it's completely different from my own POV and experience, I enjoy hearing what they've seen that I have not, and can learn from listening to them about things I can't know about from my own experiences.

However if they don't respect me in the same way, that's another story.
I will still defend their right to speak and have their own point of view, and respect them as a living, breathing person, and care about their health, and well-being. But continuing to respect them as a thinking, responsible, clear-headed individual might be off the table; they're filtering everything through their ego and personal issues, and not their intellect.
.
.