Important People

You are one of the capable people.
And so am I.


You are one of the people who's observations are worthy.
So am I.

You are one of the people who matter.
So am I.

Your plans are in the "important plans" category.
So are mine.

You are one of the people who is capable of expertise.
So am I.

You are one of the people who is experienced and knowledgeable.
So am I.

You are one of the people who learns whatever skill you actually focus on.
So am I.

You are one of the people who's talent is a gift to the world.
So am I.

You are one of those people who others want around.
So am I.

You are one of the people who's self-care is very important.
And so am I.

You are one of the people who deserves to be treated with fairness and justice.
And so am I.

You are one of the people who has natural spirituality.
And so am I.

You are one of the people who is capable of separating your emotional reactions from your behavior and actions.
And so am I.

You are one of the people who has strength of spirit, of heart, and of mind.
And so am I.

I am one of the people who gets on other people's nerves sometimes, not because I treat them poorly or ignore common courtesy and respect toward them, but because I'm more focused on living my real life than on fitting in... which is perfectly normal and healthy "human".
Most likely, so are you.

I am one of the people who makes mistakes, and who has the right and privilege of making mistakes, owning them, laughing about them or not, and learning from them.

~Who forgets things, and has the right and privilege of allowing for and openly viewing my mistakes and imperfections, because I'm an organic, living human person, not a robot.
~Who can't see every possible future outcome, because it's not possible for a human, and therefore can not make the actual "best decision" or "perfect choice"; there will always, always be consequence to any decision or choice I make, and every decision, including refusing to make a decision, leads to something else that's unforeseeable, for good or for ill; usually both.

I am one of those people, and so are you.


I am one of those people who has the ability to cause pain, sadness, heartbreak, frustration, and anxiety for others, whether I intend to or not; I am one of the people with that kind of 'power'.
I have the right and privilege to feel guilt or remorse, for intended or unintended hurts toward others.
I have the right and freedom to recognize and admit hurts I have caused toward others, to apologize, to make amends. 

I am one of those people, and so are you.


I am one of those people who has the privilege to stand up for themselves when someone else is behaving unfairly, inconsiderately, or with hostility toward me.

And so are you.


I am one of those people who has the right and privilege to privacy, to autonomy, to make my own decisions and choices, and to live my own, authentic life.

And so are you.

My emotions are all real and valid, and my opinions and preferences are my own, and not subject to anyone else's control or dictation.

And so are yours.

I am one of the people who is capable of seeing things from several points of view.

And so are you.

I am one of the people who has lived through chaos, trauma, abuse and injustice, and has survived to tell about it, and will keep on surviving, learning and learning about myself and the world around me, learning and learning about how to LIVE and FIND PEACE and JOY in a world that's filled with unequal amounts of ridiculous, unnecessary ugliness from my own species, and spectacular, incredible beauty both from my own species and the rest of all there is.

I am one of those people who has learned and is still learning that there is much more beauty in this world than ugliness, it's all around me and within me, all of the time.
I am one of those people who has learned and is still learning to remember that I have full access to to that eternal, ever-present beauty, all of the time, no matter what else is happening. 

And so are you.

~<3 p="">


~M.Black 2014





 
.
.